[pypy-dev] offtopic, ontopic, ...

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 10:48:10 CET 2012

On 02/14/2012 10:41 AM, Amaury Forgeot d'Arc wrote:

>     Seriously - we control the code on both sides. I think the possibilities
>     are endless.
>

> Why only think in terms of C code then? The best API pypy offers so far
> is written in RPython - space operations, type definitions, and external C calls.
>
> The "only" missing part is to allow this in a separately compiled module.

yes, I agree with amaury. My proposal was just "a dirty hack" to make things
working in the short term.

In the long run, I think that the best for pypy would be either an rpython
backend or the python+ctypes backend which Romain began. Or, possibly, a
python+_ffi backend in case ctypes is too slow (and once _ffi is powerful
enough to substitute ctypes entirely).

ciao,
Anto