[pypy-dev] STM status

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 19:39:24 CET 2012

>"this read/write needs not be tracked", so it has to record everything in
> these few kilobytes.

On that subject, how do I do this in the pypy STM? From what I
understand, all read/writes inside a transaction.add() function are
tracked, and the entire function is restarted if anything fails.
However, there are many times, that I really don't care if some global
config variable has been updated, so there's really no use in tracking
changes with it. How do we let the STM engine know of this?

Timothy