[pypy-dev] Bringing Cython and PyPy closer together

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sun Feb 19 22:06:08 CET 2012

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc, 19.02.2012 18:04:
> 2012/2/19 Stefan Behnel
>> bufaccess.c:22714: error: ‘PyBoolObject’ undeclared
>>
>> bufaccess.c:22715: error: ‘PyComplexObject’ undeclared
>
> Why are these structures needed? Would Cython allow them to be
> only aliases to PyObject?

Not sure about the PyBoolObject. It's being referenced in the module setup
code of the test module above, but doesn't seem to be used at all after
that. Looks like a bug to me. I agree that PyBoolObject doesn't actually
provide anything useful.

That's different for PyComplexObject, which allows direct unboxed access to
the real and imaginary number fields. Cython makes use of that for
interfacing between C/C++ complex and Python complex.

Regarding the PyWrapperDescrObject which I also mentioned in my last mail,
I noticed that you already had a work-around for that in your initial
patch. I'll see if I can get that implemented in a cleaner way (should be
done at C compile time).

Stefan