[pypy-dev] ctypes - PyPy 1.8 slower than Python 2.6.5

Sébastien Volle sebastien.volle at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 19:03:09 CET 2012

Hello,

I ran stock pypy 1.8 and latest version of ctypes from mercurial and here
are the results with a capture file with around 110,000 ARP packets:

Stock pypy 1.8:
elapsed time  : 2419.07ms
Total packets : 110450
packets/s     : 45658.02

pypy 1.8 binary and latest ctypes:
elapsed time  : 1410.92ms
Total packets : 110450
packets/s     : 78282.04

CPython 2.6.5:
elapsed time  : 964.23ms
Total packets : 110450
packets/s     : 114547.49

As you can see, in this situation the performance increase is rather
significant. CPython still holds the advantage with a fair margin though.

Regards,
Sébastien