[pypy-dev] Translation Error building with cx_Oracle

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 19:12:46 CET 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Phillip Class
<phillip.d.class at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Maciej,
>
> In Pdb they look like this:
>
> [translation] start debugger...
>>
>> /home/user/Desktop/pypy/pypy/annotation/annrpython.py(235)addpendingblock()
> -> assert annmodel.unionof(s_oldarg, s_newarg) == s_oldarg
> (Pdb+) s_oldarg
> SomeInstance(can_be_None=False,
> classdef=pypy.objspace.std.intobject.W_IntObject)
> (Pdb+) s_newarg
> SomeInstance(can_be_None=False,
> classdef=pypy.objspace.std.stringobject.W_StringObject)

This is so obscure.....

Temporarily you can go and disable those functions by going to
pypy/module/pypyjit/__init__.py and commenting out 3 lines with
set_compile_hook, set_optimize_hook and set_abort_hook. I'm looking
into the actual solution in the meantime.

Cheers,
fijal