[pypy-dev] C interpreter written in Python, and running CPython on top of PyPy

Armin Steinhoff armin at steinhoff.de
Fri Jan 6 17:25:04 CET 2012

Celli,

a C interpreter implemented on top of the PyPy interpreter make no sense
if you need speed ... IMHO.

A better aproach would be to bind the TCC library ( libtcc ->
http://bellard.org/tcc/tcc-doc.html#SEC22 ) to PyPy.
This library allows to compile on the fly and creates x86 executable
code in memory space ... no link actions, just call it with a library call.

Regards

--Armin