[pypy-dev] pypy 64 bit Ubuntu packages

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Fri Jan 13 16:42:15 CET 2012

Can I come at this from a different angle.  Between 2007-05 and 2009-08
there appears to have been a PyPy package in Debian Unstable though it
never made it to Testing (migrating and being immediately removed
doesn't count).  If PyPy were in Debian Testing then it would almost
certainly be in Ubuntu.

Is it known why PyPy was removed from Debian Unstable?  Is it possible
to get it back into Debian?

Debian packagers would package separately for 32-bit and 64-bit and thus
the whole Ubuntu problem in the Launchpad PPA would go away.  More
importantly (for me an many others) PyPy would be part of the Debian
distribution.

PyPy does appear to come as standard with Fedora --- well 17 and later
anyway.

Thanks.

--
Russel.