[pypy-dev] certificate for accepting numpypy new funcs?

Dmitrey dmitrey15 at ukr.net
Thu Jan 19 17:46:34 CET 2012

Hi all,
could you provide clarification to numpypy new funcs accepting (not only
for me, but for any other possible volunteers)?
The doc I've been directed says only "You have to test exhaustively your
module", while I would like to know more explicit rules.
For example, "at least 3 tests per func" (however, I guess for funcs of
different complexity and variability number of tests also should
expected to be different).
Also, are there any strict rules for the testcases to be submitted, or
I, for example, can mere write

if __name__ == '__main__':
     assert array_equal(1, 1)
     assert array_equal([1, 2], [1, 2])
     assert array_equal(N.array([1, 2]), N.array([1, 2]))
     assert array_equal([1, 2], N.array([1, 2]))
     assert array_equal([1, 2], [1, 2, 3]) is False
     print('passed')

Or there is a certain rule for storing files with tests?

If I or someone else will submit a func with some tests like in the
example above, will you put the func and tests in the proper files by
yourself? I'm not lazy to go for it by myself, but I mere no merged
enough into numpypy dev process, including mercurial branches and
numpypy files structure, and can spend only quite limited time for
diving into it in nearest future.

Of course, you can provide very strict rules of funcs and related
testcases submission for to improve quality, but I guess it can reduce
number and willing of volunteers to assist, hence an appropriate middle
should be chosen.

BTW, the ndarray.flat bug mentioned in https://bugs.pypy.org/issue1009
still prevents contribution of funcs diag, eye, array_equal and many others.