[pypy-dev] numpypy / scipypy additions

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 14:24:07 CET 2012

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Joseph Perla
<josephjavierperla at gmail.com> wrote:
> I should add that I'm looking into the possibility of writing a Fortran ->
> RPython compiler in order to mechanically port many of the rest of the
> functions scipy and get them into the JIT.

Hi.

I'm glad to hear more about potential contributors! If I can pick up
any order, how about numpy.reshape? reshape method is already there on
array so it should be more or less mechanical copy-paste into
lib_pypy/numpypy. Regarding scipy - have you read a blog about how to
have the entire scipy working with "minimal" effort:
http://morepypy.blogspot.com/2011/12/plotting-using-matplotlib-from-pypy.html

Pursuing slightly more this strategy should be relatively viable.

Cheers,
fijal