[pypy-dev] numpypy: could NaN be added?

Dmitrey dmitrey15 at ukr.net
Sat Jan 21 12:21:19 CET 2012

hi all,

absence of numpypy.nan prevents creating lots of highly important funcs
like isnan, nanmin, nanmax, nanargmin, nanargmax, nansum etc. I cannot
guarantee I would immediately provide them, especially for
multidimensional arrays, but, at least, I (or other programmers) could
create temporary replacements for the absent yet funcs in their own code
(for example, only for 1-dimensional or at most 2-dimensional arrays),
making their code working in PyPy right now.

So could you put the number into numpypy, or there are some difficult
problems with it?

Regards, D.