[pypy-dev] cpyext performance

wlavrijsen at lbl.gov wlavrijsen at lbl.gov
Tue Jul 10 00:04:07 CEST 2012

Hi Alex,

> cppyy is still so unfinished

provide a prioritized list of what's still missing for you? I'm following a
more or less random walk otherwise, with most work going into the CINT backend
at the moment.

> and requires rebuild of pypy with root libraries and all the other tedious
> things, that slow down deployment.

Just Reflex w/o ROOT should work now, but rebuilding pypy-c is going to remain
needed for a while, I'm afraid. The only idea that I have for another method
that allows deferring to runtime, is to use ctypes instead of rffi for the CAPI.

Best regards,
            Wim
--
WLavrijsen at lbl.gov    --    +1 (510) 486 6411    --    www.lavrijsen.net