[pypy-dev] translation on RHEL 6.x

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Tue Jul 10 19:10:19 CEST 2012

On Tue, 2012-07-10 at 10:55 -0500, Naveen Garg wrote:
> I am trying to translate a pypy sandbox on RHEL 6.
> I am having problems because I think libffi-devel is not available in
> the EPEL repo.
> Has anyone had any success / build instructions on RHEL 6 ?
I build PyPy for RHEL 6 within the EPEL repo:

IIRC libffi-devel is a core part of RHEL (as opposed to being part of
EPEL).

However, I'm not building with --sandbox, if that's what you're
referring to.

You can see the specfile for my pypy packages here:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=pypy.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/el6

I do some patching FWIW; in particular, I'm applying this patch:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=pypy.git;a=blob;f=config.patch;h=a11f397710bde5ed285c7360c70375d0452274eb;hb=615fd77fe04457d552feff9d10986589b35a6148

Hope this is helpful
Dave