[pypy-dev] Compiling for pypy

Jan Riechers janpeterr at freenet.de
Mon Jul 16 06:42:35 CEST 2012

Hello,

I got a hard time trying to get pymongo running in Pypy - I simple can't
figure out how to build/compile the driver for Pypy.

After searching I coudn't find any answer on how to translate and or
compile the latest branch of the driver and I'm quite desperate on how
to make this work as I really would like to make use of Pypy in my
present project..

I have a 32bit Windows here, running also Visual C++ Express Edition
2008 - so a compiler is available.

Can anyone provide me a hint on how to get started with compiling
modules for Pypy?
I successfully translated Pypy itself so far, but that's about it. Any
other tips are highly appreciated on how to compile 3rd party modules.

Also note: I tried the latest pymongo branch download from Github with
"setup.py build install" - I still receive an error like this:

"Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Which should be out from the pymongo driver as it seems not to be
compile for pypy usage, right guess?

Regards,
Jan