[pypy-dev] Pypy 1.9 with CLI and JVM backends

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 12:31:53 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm in the process of preparing the port for FreeBSD of pypy-1.9.  The patches
required to run under FreeBSD are minimal (1 submittable patch, 1 specific
patch not applicable for pypy).  Thanks!

I was just wondering on the state of CLI and JVM backends in pypy-1.9.  Does
translating work for either of those backends?

I failed to translate pypy using the CLI backend with error "TypeError: Bad
overloading".  I recall that was perhaps a 64bit vs 32bit error and that,
maybe, translating for CLI will work in a 32bit environment?

Regards