[pypy-dev] CLI translate error with pypy-1.9

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 09:18:22 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 10:55 PM, David Naylor <naylor.b.david at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Friday, 15 June 2012 07:44:59 Armin Rigo wrote:
> > Hi David,
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 2:49 PM, David Naylor <naylor.b.david at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > [translation:ERROR]     assert instr_list is not None, 'Unknown opcode:
> > > %s ' % op [translation:ERROR]  AssertionError: Unknown opcode: v2539 =
> > > jit_is_virtual(vref_0)
> >
> > Try again?
>
> Aren't the builds deterministic?  I got a similar result when using -O0
> (although different opcode).  Are you asking me to try the latest for
> mercurial?  I had been using the released sources.

That typically means armin has checked something in and you have to update
and try again (I would think).

For completeness sake (not relevant to this mail) - builds are not entirely
deterministic. In edge cases the exact error (or lack thereof) depends on
some dictionary order (the order in which it's seen by the translator),
which in turn might depend on memory locations of objects.

Cheers,
fijal