[pypy-dev] CLI translate error with pypy-1.9

David Edelsohn dje.gcc at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 15:41:04 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 5:31 AM, David Naylor <naylor.b.david at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, 17 June 2012 09:32:35 Armin Rigo wrote:

>> It's going to take us a loooooong time to fix CLI translation if the
>> process goes: "you find some minor bug in the release, we attempt to
>> fix it a bit blindly, and then we wait for the next release to know if
>> it worked and what the next minor bug is" :-)
>
> This is true.  Would it be possible to do a RC release, or a heads up, so that I may track down these small minor bugs *before* the release is
> made?

You said that you do not have access to the latest sources, but never
explained why.  You also did not respond to Armin's question about
accessing source from the Bitbucket repository, or downloading source
tarballs or the periodic builds from the buildbot (buildbot.pypy.org).

If you want to help fix the CLI backend, why can't you experiment with
the development version of PyPy?

Thanks, David