[pypy-dev] [pypy/pypy] rbigint.py improvements (pull request #72)

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Wed Jun 27 09:59:59 CEST 2012

Hi Stian,

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 3:59 AM, Stian Andreassen
<pullrequests-noreply at bitbucket.org> wrote:
> https://bitbucket.org/pypy/pypy/pull-request/72/rbigintpy-improvements
> Title: rbigint.py improvements

I suppose this needs discussion on pypy-dev.  It is great, but the
major issue is that it uses "__int128", which is an integer type that
is only sometimes available --- and more often not: it is present on
MSVC, but for GCC it requires 4.6 (and likely 64-bit machines, not
32-bit ones).  There is no way we can just merge it into trunk: it
would stop compiling on most of our buildbots, to start with.

So the discussion is about what to do from there.  Stian, I assume
you'd have to add the proper conditional compilation and support the
case of no int128, unless we can think of something better.