[pypy-dev] targetreallynopstandalone.py => TypeError: string vs LocalPath

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Tue Mar 20 18:57:10 CET 2012

Hi Peter,

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 15:17, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> You don't need it: just run translate.py targetrichards.py
>> and you'll get a targetrichards-c executable.
>
> Doing that I do get a testing_1.dylib file (Mach-O 64-bit
> dynamically linked shared library x86_64) under a temp
> folder, but no sign of a targetrichards-c executable.

Ah, I see.  That's because targetrichards.py doesn't create a
stand-alone executable.  The --run option is maybe useful in this
case, but that case itself is kind of deprecated.  You probably want
targetrpystonedalone, which creates a stand-alone executable, with all
optimizations; it runs rpystone by default, or richards if executed
with the command-line argument "r".  (Yes, I know it's obscure.)

For now the --run option has been removed in 0e5b140cf620.