[pypy-dev] Ask for a point to contribute to pypy

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Thu Mar 22 11:18:26 CET 2012

Hi Iven,

Sorry for the delay: PyCon U.S. happened.

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 07:05, Iven Hsu <ivenvd at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm familiar with Python and I have a little knowledge on compilers. I've
> read some code and documents of pypy and get the main idea of it.
>
> I've read the <Potential project list> in the wiki, but not sure if they are
> up-to-date. I hope you have some good suggestions.

I am bad at giving people suggestions for what to work on :-(
Moreover, nowadays it's a bit like asking "I want to do something in
Python, what do you suggest?".  What area of PyPy are you more
precisely interested in?  The Python interpreter (e.g. the object
model); or the port to Python 3; or compatibility with external
generators like Cython or SWIG; or tweaks to the JIT's optimizer or
the JIT's backend; or to the GC; or supporting Continulets in the JIT;
or contributing to the GCC plugin to replace the shadowstack; etc
etc... (sorry if I miss important topics).