[pypy-dev] Syntax for the 'transaction' module

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Wed May 2 09:22:03 CEST 2012

Hi Laura,

A note on my two previous messages: in the first one I argued about
@breakable, while the second one I suggested to use threads and "with
atomic".  The relationship between the two is: in the first model you
would put @breakable on some outer functions until it calls things
that are supposed to be atomic; in the second model you would identify
the call in question and put "with atomic" there.  I would personally
prefer @breakable because it forces the "atomic by default" idea a bit
further, but I fear that the second model is better because it is
fully compatible with existing programs.  Moreover, as I argue
repeatedly, regular apps should use neither, and only library
implementors should have to worry.