[pypy-dev] feedback on PEP 421

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Mon May 7 10:01:14 CEST 2012

Hi Laura, hi Eric,

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Laura Creighton <lac at openend.se> wrote:
> I think a large part of this problem is that CPython implementors are
> completely unaware of what set of functions PyPy cannot implement.

Indeed.  From that point of view it would make sense if CPython and
PyPy (to start with) co-operated in writing down a list of things in
CPython that cannot be reasonably implemented on PyPy.  We have
already two pages listing differences, which would be a good start if
it was brought to the attention of CPython developers; but it only
outlines general lines, and not, I think, "sys.getrefcount() is not
available on PyPy at all".

http://pypy.org/compat.html
http://pypy.readthedocs.org/en/latest/cpython_differences.html