[pypy-dev] Python FFI

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Tue May 15 17:41:07 CEST 2012

Hi Skip,

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM, Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> wrote:
> Do either of the PyPy subprojects you mentioned address
> C++ interfaces?  Do you plan to support it?

No.  The subprojects I mentioned are the "ffistruct" branch
introducing a new built-in module by Antonio, and a different design
document by Alex Gaynor (I don't even remember where?..).  These two
and the LuaJIT FFI are about C, not C++.

The C++ side is being worked on from a different angle by Wim; see
recent pypy-dev mails about cppyy.  It's an interface that requires in
all cases a C++ compiler, which I imagine is completely unavoidable
for C++.