[pypy-dev] Surface-level Presentation about PyPy

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sun Nov 25 00:25:18 CET 2012

Hi Dan,

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 11:16 PM, Dan Stromberg <drsalists at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's been some curiosity about PyPy at my local Python User Group
> (OCPUG), so I put together a brief, surface-level talk about PyPy, to be
> delivered on Tuesday evening (the 27th).

Great :-)

> If some of the more PyPy-knowledgeable people here could look it over for
> accuracy and omissions, that'd be awesome.  It's #4 on the URL below:

PyPy 1.9 is not current any more: PyPy 2.0 beta1 is :-)  Also, the
danger in this kind of talk is in people confusing the two aspects of
PyPy.  They get from the talk "PyPy is a JIT compiler for RPython" or
some similar amalgam.  You should avoid mixing slides about RPython
and the slide "using the JIT'd interpreter", but separate them more
clearly, with a "First part" and "Second part" separation slides, for
example, and insisting a bit more on the part "the second part is a
PyPy that is almost a drop-in replacement for CPython", to
differentiate it from RPython.