[pypy-dev] unable to translate due to isinstance call

wlavrijsen at lbl.gov wlavrijsen at lbl.gov
Fri Oct 26 20:04:14 CEST 2012

Hi,

my translation run fails with:

   -> assert s_value.contains(self.bindings[arg])

where s_value = SomeBool(knowntypedata={}) and self.bindings[arg] is
SomeBool(const=True, knowntypedata={}).

The cause is this:

   if isinstance(self.functions[0], CPPFunction):

where the s_value above is op.result coming the isinstance() call.

With moving things around, the problem comes and goes (hence I thought I
had it fixed already, but it came back ...).

Checking other calls to isinstance() in other modules, I can't see why it
would not be allowed here? Also, what would be the difference between a
const and a non-const bool?

Any hints to get around this one are much appreciated!

Thanks,
      Wim
--
WLavrijsen at lbl.gov    --    +1 (510) 486 6411    --    www.lavrijsen.net