[pypy-dev] understanding and fixing rtyper warnings

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 07:38:58 CEST 2013

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 1:25 AM, Alex Gaynor <alex.gaynor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not your fault, those occur on default as well. I don't know of any way to
> get better messages.
>
> Alex

The problem is that in dicts (rpython dicts responsible for
W_DictObject and W_SetObject), we want to know that keys are non-null.
We already do, noone stores null there, but the annotator doesn't
know. I have a bit no clue how to find out all the places that pass
W_Root-or-None instead of W_Root as keys (or values), but I don't
care. Maybe we should just disable this warning.