[pypy-dev] Windows 64 bit version

Roger Flores aidembb at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 9 09:47:46 CEST 2013

Maciej Fijalkowski wrote:
>It's just a bunch of work. There is nothing special or magic about it,but so far noone volunteered to spend enough effort there.

Got it. I'm just trying to understand what the work is because that list hasn't been captured anywhere yet.

>Essentially, the main problem is that sizeof(long) != sizeof(intptr_t), which is not a big problem per-se, it's just that this assumption has to be removed from places in the RPython source code.

OK. Could you find one or two of those places in the RPython source code so we can see?  And what is the fix?  Does long get changed to long long or another type or ?

>Another one is the calling convention for the JIT, which isdifferent than on linux. Again, nothing special, just more work.

Does "calling convention for the JIT" mean a function calling convention for 64 bit windows or something else?  Where is this in the code, or maybe, where is it for the Windows 32 code and where would the 64 bit version go?  There's no magic for exceptions, gc, or anything else?

Thanks for the details,
-Roger