[pypy-dev] [pypy-commit] pypy default: make looking up encodings free with the JIT

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 17:07:58 CEST 2013

On 10/04/13 15:51, Alex Gaynor wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I just wrote a JIT test for this, I haven't actually run it since I don't have
> a local translation, however I'll kick the buildbot and review the results.

well, my point is that you should not commit a JIT optimization if you are not
sure it actually improves the code. It's too easy to make a small mistake and
make it useless.

I agree it's inconvenient, but what I usually do is to do a translation on
tannit, check the generated code, and then commit both the change and the
pypy_c test.

ciao,
Anto