[pypy-dev] Pypy MIPS port

Alexis BRENON abrenon at wyplay.com
Fri Apr 26 09:53:13 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm doing an internship into the Wyplay company. My internship subject
is to try to port pypy to MIPS architecture, to make it run on their boxes.

I see that there was somebody who launched this idea two years ago, but
nothing was done... I would like to relaunch it today.

If I understand the Pypy project architecture, all I have to do, is
modifying the 'rpython/jit' directory, adding a 'backend/mips'
directory, able to generate the JIT compiler for MIPS architecture, I
don't ?
There is, after, a tiny modification to generate the mips options in the
makefile, for the C file compilation.

Am I right ? If not, anyone can explain me what I misunderstood ?

Regards.
Alexis BRENON, for Wyplay <http://www.wyplay.com/>