[pypy-dev] Pypy is slower than Python

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Tue Apr 30 18:51:08 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 5:26 AM, cat street <gamcat at gmail.com> wrote:
> You can test this code:
> (...)

For no good reason it seems that on this example CPython is quite a
bit faster on Linux64 than on Linux32.  PyPy is also a bit faster on
Linux64 but not by such a large margin.  In my tests (PyPy vs CPython)
it ends up the same on Linux32, and on Linux64 PyPy is a bit slower
(20%?).  I think it's good enough given the type of code (completely
unoptimizable as far as I can tell, unless we go for "we can kill the
whole loop in this benchmark", which is usually a bit pointless in
real code).  If others want to look in detail at JIT traces, feel free
to.