[pypy-dev] Leysin

Johan Råde johan.rade at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 11:41:00 CET 2013

Hi everyone,

Let me just quickly introduce myself.

I did a PhD in mathematics at University of Texas
and a postdoc at Stanford University.
After that I have done academic research in mathematics
and commercial software development, mainly in C++.
I am one of the founders of and former CTO at Qlucore,
a bioinformatics software company.

My main interest is analysis and visualization of large scientific data
sets.
The best tool I know for that purpose is CPython combined with C++.
I think PyPy has the potential to become an even more powerful tool.

I plan to attend the Leysin Sprint.
Here are two suggestions what I might work on:
* Help with the effort to port NumPy to PyPy
* See if it feasible to port Qt (PySide) to PyPy using CFFI.

See you in Leysin,
Johan