[pypy-dev] test_all.py can't recognize has multi inherited classes

James Lan jameslan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 08:14:07 CET 2013

Hi All,

I tried to run test cases for jvm backend by the following command,

    pypy pypy/test_all.py rpython/translator/jvm/test

but what I got was 10 tests defined in
rpython/translator/jvm/test/test_backendopt.py although there are two
dozens of test files in that directory.

After experiment, I found that it failed to collect test within a multi
inherited class. Take test_constant.py as an example, it defines a class,

    class TestConstant(BaseTestConstant, JvmTest):
        pass

and JvmTest is defined as,

    class JvmTest(BaseRtypingTest, OORtypeMixin):

When I executed the folloing,

    ypy pypy/test_all.py rpython/translator/jvm/test/test_constant.py
--collectonly

it reported 0 item was collected. If I remove BaseTestConstant from
TestConstant's super classes, it still reports 0 item collected; but if I
remove JvmTest from its super classes, it reports 18 items are collected.

I'm wondering how the daily test solve this problem?

Thanks,
James Lan