[pypy-dev] 【Pypy Questions】

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc amauryfa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 11:06:46 CET 2013

Hi,

2013/2/19 jiaxinrun <jiaxinrun at tp-link.com.cn>

> ** ****
> Hi,all:
>
> I am a fresh man in pypy world!
>
> I have a question when I am using pypy for developing.
>
> When I import win32process.pyd(something in sit-packets\win32) with
> pypy.exe , it prompts "ImportError: No module named win32process". I am
> sure it's not a path problem.
>
> But when I import the same thing with python.exe,it works well. So, Can
> you give me some help? Thanks very much!!
>
> Additionally, I have finished a set of program. Now I want to use pypy to
> fast it. How could I do?

PyPy cannot import extension modules as is,
You need to recompile the pywin32 project with PyPy.

And the main distribution won't even work. A long time ago I made
the necessary changes for pywin32 to work with PyPy, the code is here:
  https://bitbucket.org/amauryfa/pywin32-pypy
Unfortunately I don't have access to a windows machine anymore,
so someone else should continue the project.

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc