[pypy-dev] Can I install pypy on Mac osx 32 bit system

Kenny Lasse Hoff Levinsen kennylevinsen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 22:55:04 CET 2013

Hi Hang,

You are indeed correct in the lack of binaries - I'm not sure if anyone have tested that configuration.

I'm curious as to why you need a 32-bit binary - Unless I'm having a major brainfart here, you'd need to have a pre-Core2 Mac in order for 64-bit to be a problem. Starting with Core2 (and whatever version of 10.4 Tiger was available at the time), 64-bit has been supported on all Macs… (They even dropped support for 32-bit kernel in 10.8)

Oh well. Long story short, you're most likely going to end up translating PyPy yourself, in which case I will refer you to the wiki [link], as well as the IRC channel [#pypy at irc.freenode.net] for further assistance.

Good luck!
Kenny Levinsen // joushou