[pypy-dev] translating pypy benchmarks to C

Ghitulete Razvan razvan.ghitulete at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 18:29:24 CET 2013

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 6:58 PM, Alex Gaynor <alex.gaynor at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Why are you trying to do this? The translator doesn't handle random
> Python, only RPython.
>
> Alex

I am working on a research project to run python on a baremetal system. So
I basically need a way of translating python code into something that can
run on baremetal, hence C. After that I want to see whether it is worth it
or not, and this is why I am trying to translate the benchmarks(as to have
a common denominator).

Is there any way I can get threading work with the translator. That is, are
there any threading implementations available in RPython code?

--
Sincerely,
Razvan Ghitulete