[pypy-dev] PyPy3 2.1 beta 1 released

Philip Jenvey pjenvey at underboss.org
Tue Jul 30 22:38:52 CEST 2013

================
PyPy3 2.1 beta 1
================

We're pleased to announce the first beta of the upcoming 2.1 release of
PyPy3. This is the first release of PyPy which targets Python 3 (3.2.3)
compatibility.

We would like to thank all of the people who donated_ to the `py3k proposal`_
for supporting the work that went into this and future releases.

You can download the PyPy3 2.1 beta 1 release here:

    http://pypy.org/download.html#pypy3-2-1-beta-1

Highlights
==========

* The first release of PyPy3: support for Python 3, targetting CPython 3.2.3!

  - There are some `known issues`_ including performance regressions (issues
    `#1540`_ & `#1541`_) slated to be resolved before the final release.

What is PyPy?

PyPy is a very compliant Python interpreter, almost a drop-in replacement for
CPython 2.7.3 or 3.2.3. It's fast due to its integrated tracing JIT compiler.

This release supports x86 machines running Linux 32/64, Mac OS X 64 or Windows
32. Also this release supports ARM machines running Linux 32bit - anything with
``ARMv6`` (like the Raspberry Pi) or ``ARMv7`` (like Beagleboard,
Chromebook, Cubieboard, etc.) that supports ``VFPv3`` should work.

Cheers,
the PyPy team