[pypy-dev] curses_cffi and others

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Mar 1 11:54:09 CET 2013

Hi all, hi Jeremy,

I'm thinking about merging the curses_cffi branch, and I see efforts
going on in sqlite-cffi.  Great :-)

We need to think about how we want to support cffi-based modules in
PyPy.  So far the idea is to include the official release of CFFI
together with regular PyPy installations.  Then, how can we disable
"pip install cffi" from breaking everything up by installing a
different release of cffi on top of PyPy?  Is it enough to detect in
cffi's setup.py "oh, it's PyPy and cffi is already installed, so I'll
do nothing"?  Should it still check that the version number matches,
and complain if it doesn't?