[pypy-dev] Translating --sandbox -02 python interpreter for windows

Charles Roland mummylauncher at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 17:42:26 CET 2013

Hello friends at pypy-dev,

   My goal is to get the sandbox python interpreter working in windows.  I
was able to get a python-c.exe built using the --sandbox and -O2 options
with pypy and translate.py.  The next step was to test it out and that is
where my problem is.  I ran this script:
(pypysource)\pypy\translator\sandbox\interact.py
with the python-c.exe I built as an argument.  I tried running that script
in pypy and Cpython2.7 and got this error with both interpreters:

  File "c:\pypy-2.0-beta1\lib-python\2.7\subprocess.py", line 637, in
__init__
    raise ValueError("close_fds is not supported on Windows "
ValueError: close_fds is not supported on Windows platforms if you redirect
stdin/stdout/stderr

>From what I know about the sandbox system, there IS stdin/out redirection
going on somewhere in the mix (sandbox interpreter is being redirected to
controller script).  Is this the redirection the warning is talking about?
 Is this fixable in a simple way?

Thank you all for developing pypy and taking the time to read my question.

- Charles