[pypy-dev] Pypy is slower than Python

Alex Gaynor alex.gaynor at gmail.com
Wed May 1 19:22:15 CEST 2013

Yes, we have a specialized map for 2 arguments, a specialized zip makes
sense. (Or figuring out how to specialize that loop for N-arguments where N
is ~smallish so the inner loop is unrolled at app level, that's harder, but
probably worthwhile n the long run).

Alex

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Armin Rigo <arigo at tunes.org> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 4:08 PM, Alex Gaynor <alex.gaynor at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I read the benchmark, it's the loop inside of `zip()` which has very few
> > iterations.
>
> Ah oh.  Sorry.  I forgot that zip() is implemented at app-level.
>
> Could it be helpful to have a faster version of zip() specialized to
> two arguments?  It would avoid the loop of length 2 that we do for
> each pair of items.
>

> A bientôt,
>
> Armin.

GPG Key fingerprint: 125F 5C67 DFE9 4084