[pypy-dev] x is y <=> id(x)==id(y)

William ML Leslie william.leslie.ttg at gmail.com
Mon May 6 09:25:24 CEST 2013

On 6 May 2013 17:03, Amaury Forgeot d'Arc <amauryfa at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2013/5/6 Armin Rigo <arigo at tunes.org>
>>
>> On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 10:40 PM, Michael Hudson-Doyle <micahel at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > I want to say something about negative zeroes here....
>>
>> Right: on floats it's not actually the usual equality, but equality of
>> the bit pattern (using float2longlong).
>

> Except for NaN...

It's perfectly acceptable for NaN to `is` on their bit pattern.

--
William Leslie

Notice:
Likely much of this email is, by the nature of copyright, covered
under copyright law.  You absolutely may reproduce any part of it in
accordance with the copyright law of the nation you are reading this
in.  Any attempt to deny you those rights would be illegal without
prior contractual agreement.