[pypy-dev] Killing OOType? (was Re: Translating pypy on FreeBSD with CLI backend)

William ML Leslie william.leslie.ttg at gmail.com
Wed May 22 08:23:03 CEST 2013

On 22 May 2013 16:11, James Lan <jameslan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I really wish pypy is able to support jvm, cli and dalvik, so that it is
> possible to write core business logic in python which runs everywhere.
>
> Is there any plan to implement a better ootype as well as OO backends?

Nobody is working on any of the OO backends at the moment.

It might be worthwhile to document what we mean by 'from scratch',
too.  Graphs that haven't been rtyped actually have most of the
information that oo-style or untyped backends might care about, the
most significant things missing probably involve dealing with
constants as well as the extregistry.

--
William Leslie

Notice:
Likely much of this email is, by the nature of copyright, covered
under copyright law.  You absolutely may reproduce any part of it in
accordance with the copyright law of the nation you are reading this
in.  Any attempt to deny you those rights would be illegal without
prior contractual agreement.