[pypy-dev] uWSGI 1.9.11 released with PyPy support

Roberto De Ioris roberto at unbit.it
Sun May 26 08:50:38 CEST 2013

Hi everyone, thanks to the effort of Maciej Fijalkowski (and contributions
of Alex Gaynor and Armin Rigo) we now have a fully working PyPy plugin
into uWSGI.

The plugin works via cffi, and already supports multithreading and a good
set of the uWSGI api (like caching and rpc)

In the next few days i will start spamming major PaaS/ISPs using uWSGI
(included my company) to ask them to offer an option to use PyPy in their
services. I will probably start with pythonanywhere.com, as they make a
massive use of unique uWSGI features and already offer PyPy as shell.

The plugin requires nightly builds and libpypy-c.so, so (for now, i hope
it will change soon ;) you need to build/translate it on your own (i have
added some prebuilt version in my download area, but they are
ubuntu-specific).

Documentation: http://uwsgi-docs.readthedocs.org/en/latest/PyPy.html

Benchmarks: http://uwsgi-docs.readthedocs.org/en/latest/PyPy_benchmarks.html

Thanks a lot