[pypy-dev] More strategies

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Nov 8 10:19:30 CET 2013

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 12:14 AM, William ML Leslie
<william.leslie.ttg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder a bit if it is worth introducing additional fast paths for
> clearly nonsense (eg, string) cases, when it's the sensible case
> (user-provided types that provide __eq__) that we should be optimising
> for.  Did you menchbark the code without such cases?

I fear a bit that *all* cases are on the clearly nonsense side of
things.  I don't particularly think there is code out there that would
see any speed-ups using these cases.  As Amaury pointed out this
introduces delicate correctness issues, and for maybe nothing... :-/
I can be convinced of the countrary though.