[pypy-dev] Proposal for sprint in Tallinn, Estonia

Ahti Heinla ahti at ahti.bluemoon.ee
Tue Nov 26 13:15:57 CET 2013

Hi,

	I am new to PyPy, but very impressed with what you guys have done.
Myself I am best known for having been a founding engineer and Chief Technical
Architect for Skype. Python is my favourite language, and I want to help PyPy
somehow.

	How about I organise a sprint in Tallinn, Estonia (where I live)? I can hopefully
drum up some interest among local developers, perhaps also get some top
ex-Skype engineers to join. The requirement to contribute a week full-time is a
deterrent for many though, so I am not sure yet how many people I can get.

	Myself I have no background in interpreters/compilers, but have written
code for 32 years, often optimised lowlevel code (assembly, C++). I would
need some hand-holding to get started, but I am sure I'd be productive in
a day or two.

Ahti
ahtih on IRC