[pypy-dev] stdlib-2.7.5 branch

Philip Jenvey pjenvey at underboss.org
Wed Oct 2 00:51:03 CEST 2013

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Christian Hudon <chrish at pianocktail.org>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I created a pull request for a fix for a failing json test in the
> stdlib-2.7.5 branch. This is my first pull request outside of a PyCon
> sprint. When at a sprint, I either put the name of the PyPy developer that
> had coached me in the reviewer field of the pull request, or asked them for
> a suggestion for a reviewer. So for that first patch outside of a PyPy
> sprint, I'm not quite sure what the right procedure is... What should I do
> in the future to get code reviews for my pull requests. Should I "just wait
> and someone will get to it (eventually)", or would it be better to ping
> people a bit more explicitly?

I'd ping someone on IRC or the ML as our response time on pull requests
could probably be better =]

> Here is the pull request: https://bitbucket.org/pypy/**
> pypy/pull-request/192/fix-for-**failing-json-test/diff<https://bitbucket.org/pypy/pypy/pull-request/192/fix-for-failing-json-test/diff>
>
> Also, any reason why buildbot isn't running automatically on the
> stdlib-2.7.5 branch? The last run was on August 31st. This is the branch
> which, once all tests pass, will be merged back into the trunk and then the
> next release of PyPy will be announced as supporting CPython 2.7.5, right?
> (Just making sure...) Assuming that's true, I'll work slowly on making all
> the tests pass, assuming nobody beats me to it.

No good reason, it just requires someone to change the pypy buildbot
codebase and ensure someone with access propagates the changes. I don't
know if anyone's set up automatic builds for stdlib release branches like
this in the past.

FYI you (or anyone) can manually trigger builds on your own.

--
Philip Jenvey