[pypy-dev] A few notes trying to compile pypy

Taavi Burns taavi.burns at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 17:14:58 CEST 2013

On Mavericks:
$ sudo find / -type f -name \*ffi.h
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/ffi/ffi.h
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk/usr/include/ffi/ffi.h
/Users/taavi/src/pypy/rpython/translator/c/src/libffi_msvc/ffi.h
/usr/local/Cellar/libffi/3.0.13/lib/libffi-3.0.13/include/ffi.h

Some quick googling indicates that yes, /usr/include moved into the
platform SDK inside the XCode application. Sounds like one can restore
it by installing the command-line tools (from
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19531262/cant-phpize-or-configure-an-extension-in-os-x-10-9-mavericks
):
xcode-select --install

Now I have a /usr/include again!
$ ls /usr/include
AssertMacros.h        cache.h …

I haven't tried building pypy since the upgrade though.

taa
/*eof*/