[pypy-dev] error message with windows

Rami Chowdhury rami.chowdhury at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 01:54:24 CET 2013

On Oct 28, 2013 12:34 AM, "Chris Olds" <cco at dydax.com> wrote:

> This is the message you get when the zipfile is truncated.

So most likely Trevor's download was incomplete or corrupted?

> The directory at the end of the file isn't found, which used to happen
with multi-disk archives, so you're being prompted to insert it.
> This used to be reasonable, but now is just confusing.
>
> /cco
>
> On Oct 27, 2013, at 5:17 PM, Rami Chowdhury <rami.chowdhury at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > On Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 10:04, Trevor Langevin wrote:
> >> This email was where I was sent to by your web master.
> >
> > When you simply press "reply" in some email clients then you will send
the reply only to the person who responded to you -- in this case me.
Please be sure to use "reply all" to include the pypy-dev mailing list.

> >> Perhaps you should try downloading and installing the package as it
failed three times in a row on two different computers, a win 7 computer
and win vista.

> > You really haven't given us enough information to help diagnose the
problem. What is the exact error message? Which exact version of Windows is
it? Most of the PyPy developers don't use Windows as their main platform so
it's not so easy to track down errors, and we would appreciate all the help
you can give us.

tlangevin at shaw.ca)> wrote:

> [...]
and the exact error messages you receive?