[pypy-dev] trying out STM for some numbers on more cores

Davide Del Vento ddvento at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 29 18:21:10 CET 2013

On 10/28/2013 05:58 PM, wlavrijsen at lbl.gov wrote:
> Has any attempt
> been made to pin threads?

I don't know. But I do know that processor/thread binding (if that is
what you mean by "pin") is *extremely* important in Sandy Bridge, even
more than on previous archs. And, oddly enough, in my experience is more
difficult to get it right than on previous arch.

Unfortunately, the runtime I have most experience with is very different
from the standard gcc-pthreads-fork which I believe would be relevant
here, so my experience is useless in this context.

Good luck finding the way to do this right, keep us posted!
Dav