[pypy-dev] Question on installing pypy and the source code

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc amauryfa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 17:49:38 CET 2013

2013/10/31 Mark Roberts <wizzat at gmail.com>

> > All the build instructions seem to assume that you have a previous
> version of pypy already installed, in my case, I don't have a previous
> version of pypy already installed and am trying to create the first one..
> :( ..

Assuming you are following "Building from Source":
http://pypy.org/download.html#building-from-source
- The link in §2, "install dependencies" says:
    It is, of course, possible to translate with a CPython 2.6 or later
[...]

- §4 says:
    works also with 'python' instead of 'pypy'

IMO this is clear enough,
but maybe you found another place where pypy cannot be replaced by python?

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc