[pypy-dev] Buildbot update

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 10:08:55 CEST 2013

TL;DR : Do you have any hints/instructions as to how to test a new
buildbot task?

Thanks for the update, it seems to have cleaned up much of the code base.
I would like to add a task that installs the python part of a numpy
installation to pypy and runs numpy's tests. I have started the work on
the numpy-tests branch. I see you improved the infrastructure for
testing buildbot itself, but it is not clear to me how to test and debug
the new task,
Do I need to set up a master/slave pair or can I test the tasks with
only one process, what would a typical test command-line look like, etc.
Note that I would have to create a virtualenv and install nose into it
since numpy tests require nose, so any hints you could give would be
helpful.
Matti