[pypy-dev] Working on a recipe for using travis-ci with pypy projects

Sarah Mount mount.sarah at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 11:53:23 CEST 2013

Hi there,

I haven't had much time to work on rcsp since the Sprint, but I've been
tinkering with the infrastructure here and there. I have added the project
to the travis-ci.org continuous integration platform here:

https://travis-ci.org/snim2/rcsp/

The thing I'm interested in is that it would be nice to use travis to a)
run automated tests, b) bulid documentation and c) use rpython to translate
to an executable, at the very least to check that the translation doesn't
error.

This would be really useful for others I'm sure, and I'm happy to document
this work for pypy and maybe set up a basic pypy project skeleton for
github / travis users, which I can package separately or you might want to
put into the repo or whatever -- assuming no one has done that already.

The sticking point I've got at the moment is that if I get travis to use
pypy and build the interpreter it cannot find the rpython executable.
Presumably if it could it probably wouldn't be able to find rlib. The
"right" fix for that problem is to install both rpython and its libraries
in a virtualenv with pip. If I run "pip install" from the command line pip
cannot find rpython, so does anyone have a recipe for this already?

Thanks,

Sarah

--
Sarah Mount, Senior Lecturer, University of Wolverhampton
website:  http://www.snim2.org/